Sunday, June 27, 2010

and the clock slowly ticks...

It's less then a month till the big day. I still have 2 and some pages worth of stuff todo, and at the moment I'm not really worried. Yesterday I found out my hair salon for the wedding is went out of business, and I managed to find  a fill in, though I am still looking for a salon that has a different schedule.
I've had a pedicure...and am slowly beginning to realize why women pamper themselves...it's amazing.
I still have favours to put together, a card box to decorate and an apartment to move into.
I HAVE an amazing fiance who pushes me to be a better person and has been a continuous help with the wedding. I know that I can trust him and I admire how involved he gets. I am also very thankful, that he is a details person because without him...well...lets just say that there would be no decor. :D
I still need to by a bazillion things for drinks and what not..BUT we do have a honeymoon...that's good.

Regardless of what I have yet to accomplish I am learning to love the little things that come about each day. Conversations with children, or friends. Sunsets and thunderstorms. I know that right now, Saskatoon does not look too interesting, and I know that we still have a long way to go to create the network of friends we have here. But I am learning that maybe change can be a good thing and that God wants us to grow, and develope and if my life in Saskatoon were a replica of what I have here, then I never would grow. I would not learn to push myself, and to develop into the woman God wants me to be. He has blessed me with an amazing future husband and family friends that I know I can trust (regardless of how far away they maybe). He works on his time, NOT mine; which drives me crazy and yet provides a feeling of adventure.
So what ever the future holds i say: BRING IT ON...I'm kind, sorta ready ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment