I have been watching as the status' of my classmates start listing how they have jobs, and I can't help but wonder, what about me? For those who dont know, I was offered a job but declined as it was not in an ideal location, nor was it ideal for job getting for Ben. So I continued my search, after a series of events, I had thought I had landed a subbing job with Saskatoon, and thus turned down any other offers. Throughout that weekend, Ben and I came to realize that perhaps saskatoon was where God was sending us. We gave notice to our apartment (which then in turn gave Kim and Jeff a place to live) and after talking to my mother, I had a part time job working as a care giver to two children with autism. However, about a week or two after plans to move had been made, I recieved the letter stating that at this moment there was no available position for me to fill. I figured God had something up his sleave, or things would not have worked out the way they did. That was at the begining of April.
It is now the end of May and I currently hold no certainty of any position what so ever, and Ben, well neither does he (for saskatoon. He currently is working with the CTF in Regina.) I have begun to wonder if perhaps we were wrong and maybe we had misunderstood God's direction, and thus that brings us to this morning...
I was lying in my bed around 6:30 (This is what happens when a certain sisters alarm vibrates through the wall waking her older sister up from her restfull, peacefull slumber) thinking about the whole job situcation and Saskatoon. God and I were sort of talking (I was complaining, he was listening...) when the story of Joshua came to mind, along with Hebrews 11 (the faith chapter). Thus I began to contemplate, comparing Joshua to myself.
When one starts looking at the story of Joshua, we start the book off, with God telling Joshua to persevere and be couragous. God tells Joshua that he is going to be with him. He gives him encouragement, and tells him to just trust and have faith.
Now Joshua, is expected to do great things, cross the sea, knock down a wall, by simply walking around 7 times and then yelling, etc. and as I read through the first few chapters, I pictured Joshua having a conversation with God similar to this:
God: Joshua, you are going to knock the wall down surrounding Jehrico.
Joshua: oh yea? how?
God: by walking quietly around it once a day for seven days. On the seventh day, the priests will blow their horns and the people will yell, and the wall will come crashing down.
Joshua: Are you serious?
God: Yes.
J:Have you seen that thing? It's thick and large, what is walking going to do?
G: You have to trust me Joshua, I will deliver the people of Jehrico, as long as you follow my directions.
and then they contiune with the finer details.
In the end, Josh does these things, and they all come true just as God had planned, but when the isrialites start sinning, suddenly things stop. I believe at this point, Joshua starts to get discouraged because in chapter 8, God once again encourages Joshua, to trust and not to get discouraged everything will work out.
So how does this relate you wonder? I am sure we have all experienced times in our lives where things just seem to be going great, we are conquoring any hurdles that come our way, and then, suddenly something happens, and we become discouraged, unsure if what we are doing is really the right thing. To that, I believe, God is telling us to keep going, things are gonna work out. Just like he did to Joshua we have to trust that maybe the impossible really can happen and we can knock down the thick walls of troubles by simply trusting that God will deliver us, and that he knows what he's doing.
After all having faith (or believing in the impossible) is being sure of what we hope for and certain of that which we do not know. (hebrews 11:1)
Thus I know find myself anticipating what God has in store not only for me, but for Benjamin and well.
No comments:
Post a Comment