Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just to Be with you

 I have been listening to Third Day recently, and i came across this song and it really hit home. I felt like God wanted me to share something with you in regards to this song. Many of you may just ignore this or look past it, however, I encourage you to stop for a minute and read the lyrics of the song.

I've heard a tale that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves.
How many times has he broken that promise?
It has never been done
Well I never climbed the highest mountain,
but I walked the hill of calvary

And just to be with you I'll do anything,
there's no price I would not pay, no
Just to be with you I will give everything.
I would give my life away.
Yeaaaa

I've heard it said that a man would swim an ocean
Just to be with the one he loves.
But all of those dreams are an empty emotion
It can never be done.
Well I never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

And just to be with you I'll do anything,
there's no price I would not pay, no
and just to be with you I would give everything.
I would give my life away.
Yeaaaa

And I know that you don't understand the fullness of my love
How I died upon the Cross for your sin
And I know that you don't realize how much that I give you
And I promise I would do it all again

Just to be with you I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay, no
Just to be with you I gave everything
Yes I gave my life away.
Yeaaaaa

Just to be with you
Oh, just to be with you (3x)

This was written from the perspective of Jesus. This is what he is saying to you, his child. He really loves you so much that he literally has walked on water  (Matthew 14:22-33), Climbed the  hill of Calvary and then died(Matthew 27:35) so that he could be with you for eternity. He wants you to understand that his life was a love story, one that many have promised but never actually lived out. Jesus did. He is the real deal and desires to know you in a personal way. So maybe reading this you just laugh, and roll your eyes. Or maybe you've stopped and seriously considered what the song is saying. He's not making empty promises that he cannot live up to. He already has full filled those promises. He's not gonna force himself on you, instead, he is  waiting patiently for you to make the choice to take him up on his promises and live eternally with him. So, will you take him up on his offer, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment