As many of you know, I got engaged on November 8,2009 to Benjamin Cowman. It was really quite a surprise. I had suspected that he had gotten the ring, due to some careless comments on his part, however I had not expected him to propose until at least January, or maybe at the earliest around Christmas. As you can all tell, I was mistaken.
My dad's dad had passed away on the Wednesday before and the funeral was to be Friday (prayers) and Saturday funeral. Before going up, I had instructed Ben that he was in no way supposed to ask my dad (Ben had been hinting/teasing that he was going to do so.) On the Saturday after the funeral, Ben asked my mom, if there was a good time for him to come up that week to talk to my dad. My mom (unaware of my instructions to Ben ;P) told him that there was no time like the present, as a question like that could help to boost his spirits. Thus, Ben asked my dad..and obviously you can guess what the response was.
Now Ben is horrible at keeping secrets and so after getting the yes, went on to tell my entire immediate family minus my brother Justin that he was going to propose, as well, had told a few people here in Regina (amazingly everyone managed to keep it a secret from me.)
On Saturday afternoon, we decided to drive Jerrid back to Saskatoon, he had a hockey game that night, and I was still hoping to enjoy the weekend away from Regina. On the drive down Ben was being all sweet and loving and suggested we go for a fancy diner, however, upon arrival home I discovered I had nothing to wear and thus we ended up eating at Jerry's with my brother (who had decided not to go) and then hanging out with my cousin Ashly.
The next morning, Ben asked if we could just hang out in Saskatoon until Jaci and Will showed up there (They were coming to Saskatoon to for her birthday) I figured that made sense as we would probably get out of church by the time they were even half way here. He then goes on to say we could go out for lunch than go for a walk. This got my mind wheeling..A WALK!?!!?!?! I usually have to drag his butt for a walk...now he is proposing that we go for one..I started to pester him, about this sudden change of character. It was all made clear after church as we headed to get some stuff for our picnic. He said that he wanted us to have a positive day because the past weekend activities were depressign and not really positive..To me this was enough explanation as to why he was acting to so funny.
We headed to the train bridge and had a lovely picnic down on a fishing pierre (to many of you, you can see where this is headed..and at this moment I was still clueless, lol) We then walked accross the train bridge and started on the path on the other side. THere is this ledge, not far from the train bridge that over looks the river and is absolutly breath taking. I stopped here to view as I had never been this far on this side before. We started talking about my up coming job applications and I was asking if he could live in Saskatoon once we finally got married. The next few minutes look something like this.
" This is the perfect spot" (Ben)
"Yup"(me) after a few minutes, recognizing that i have no idea what he is talking about and wondering if he thinks he can put a house on the ledge then goes "For what?"
"to propose." (Ben)
I stop listening and try to figure out what is going on...He then pulls out the ring, and gets down on one knee, says some stuff ( Something LIke I love you, we can finally make it official and will you be my wife..there was more but that's all I can remember)
I then spend the next minute or so still trying to figure out what this man is saying to me, my mind racing from ring to the word proposal...when what is happing finally hits me..I have to mentally tell myself to answer his question. With a yes he pulls me into a hug and I start laughing. (very romantic I know)
The next ten minutes or so consisted of me freaking out calling people and leaving inaudible messages that no one not even myself when listening to them makes sense (you who got texts are lucky lol)
We have been enjoying the engagment process, and will be getting married on July 24, 2010 I simply cannot wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment