Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The moments in life

You know those days, when all seems to go wrong. When your bombarded with one awful moment after another? First you cant sleep all night, then you have parents and stubborn students and then there is the parking ticket that you got because you did a quick 5 minute run in to get a student loan sheet that shouldnt need to be done, but due the circumstances needs to get done...and then there is the traffic and the marking and all that other really fun stuff? Obviously That was my day. But that is not what I write to you about today. Tonight as I drove home from a generally crazy day in the life of Kristen, I started thinking about the little things that perhaps would work to make this day a little more of a blessing and less of a day from hell.
First there is an I love you text to kick start your day. These are often rare occurances (Ladies you may know what I am talking about) But they seem to have the power to make that lack of sleep night, almost worth it.
Then, there are the moments when you walk into the classroom and the noisest kids are quiet, reading and on task. Of course you stop youself and look twice as such an occurance is a rarety, but upon further investigation you see that indeed these kids are on task (of course you must first look past the quiet kids who are noise discussing the events of recess and everything else non class related :D)
And of course, one cannot forget the innocent comments made by your students about your love life. For example after not seeing my students for about and hour, I was late getting to class as I had a phone call to resond to, upon entering my classroom, my students ask if I was engaged, and then fabricated this story about how my boyfriend/fiance guy had gotten down an come over to ask me to get engaged...their words not mine. lol..How can one not laugh?
One must also remember their friends, and how they each serve their purpose..and nothing can make a day better than catching up with old friends. I am so thankful for each on of them..after all with out them I would be quite a loser :P I love you all...
Of course there is also the person who sits beside you marking papers, listening to you vent over the parking ticket and how rediculous you think it is. He also the same person who knows the secrets to your heart and will tell you the truth regardless of how rude and abrupt it may be. This person can make you increadibly mad and/or frustrated one minute and the next has you smiling and laughing even when they are the last thing you feel like doing.Now dont let the "he" fool you..everyone has one of these people in their lives. A friend, family member etc..They are the people who we can count on to be there for us even when it seems life is slowly crumbling beneath you. In my life this person is a guy...and I know I tell him almost everyday what he means but there are no words that really say it. As a song says, " Every time I try to tell {him} how i feel it comes out I love you.
So hope you enjoyed the read, Have an awsome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment