Thursday, October 1, 2009

To sit and contemplate


Today, I took my class on a field trip. We headed out through the wind, and down pour rain to the beauty and serenity of Dallas Valley (about 20mins North of Regina.) It was a new experience for me. I was able to see my students in another light. You get to see how well they really understand you and whether they really understand what you expect of them.
My class did not let me down. I have this thing, where I start talking really quietly and I expect the students to be quiet and listen as I talk. I did this today as we were playing games inside (due to rain we cancelled the afternoon outdoor stuff and just did stuff indoors for 2 hours) my class stopped talking and listened to me. I was so thrilled. I know it's a silly teacher moment, but its these types of moments that you cant help but be proud of your class.
I've had A complaint that I have not been writing lately so i feel the need to fill you in on my life (though the person who complained is a major part of it..so i really dont get why he bothers complaining but....)
Really my life revolves around school, the youth girls group i lead and of course Ben. I must say, Ben is such a support, lately i've been a little crazy, and yet he will still just grab my hand pull me into a hug and make me fill like its going to be ok. His job takes him on the road lots, so many days i spend it trying to fill in the moments he is here, or trying to get ahead so I can spend the days he is around with him. THere is something about that guy that just makes me smile, he pushes me to be me (of course the only one who is really reading this is Ben...but oh well, in case someone else happens to read it...then you shall know this amazing man ;) )
School is full of learning moments and since the internship i am finally stating to enjoy teaching. This october, i am starting a month long unit that goes over all subject areas on survivor. I cant wait, its as if my teacher brain has finally clicked on. lol.
Girls small groups, is great, i love my bunch, they are all so amazing.
Well thats my life..those are the moments....

No comments:

Post a Comment