Well, we're finally married and the adjustments have started to come, regardless, I am loving married life. I figured this place would be a good place to keep you all in touch with our lives. Remember we still have phones and snail mail, as well, Ben has become intrigued with the world of Skype. So if you've got it, add us. We also use it as a personal phone, because it allows us to make unlimited long distance phone calls to anywhere in North America for just $3 per month!
These past few weeks have been crazy, after the wedding, we attended the Erickson family reunion, so our days were filled with fun and laughter. We then headed to Moose Jaw where we enjoyed a nice relaxing time just sitting in the spa and de-stressing after the crazy weeks leading up to the wedding. Aug 2, marked the start of our Honeymoon, which entailed a road trip ending in Calgary. It was such an awesome time. We enjoyed many sights I had not yet seen and really got to relax and get to know each other. Calgary brought on Ben's Uncle Kirks 40th Birthday and a trip to Swiss Chalet. We also checked out Callaway Park where I rode the rollercoaster and the log ride (a huge feat for me as I am afraid of those rides) Over all it was a wonderful experience. My husband has proven to be a real joy to travel with (perhaps I'm biased) and I look forward to all our other journeys :D
On Monday August 9th, we recieved the text that our new nephew Nehemiah Joseph was born and thus tuesday night we headed on another road trip this one talking us to Regina. Wednesday had us helping with VBS at Rosewood. What a day! We were definitely exhausted but not too exhausted. We met up with the family at Sarah and Daniels new place and enjoyed some wonderful times with our nephew.
Thursday had us back in Saskatoon due to work commitments ( I started my first day as a waitress). The whole weekend has been packed with work and to round things up Ben and I joined Ashly at the Ex for some demolition derby and just hanging out time.
Finally that bring us to today. I have a day off before a crazy week, and Ben started his first day with Lifetouch training to take photos for schools.
For those who include us in your prayers, please pray for guidance as we have some important decisions to work through over the next couple months as well as for Ben to find a permenint fulltime job (he is currently only employed up until November). Please pray that I can also find a position that allows me to make use of my education.
We are missing everyone in Regina lots right now and for everyone reading this, please feel free to stop buy if you are in the area.

We are back from holidays and am so sad we missed your visit to Regina. We are looking forward to seeing you on the long weekend. ROAD TRIP! In the meantime, enjoy one another ;)
ReplyDeleteim so jealous you got to go to swiss chalet!! it is my favourite restaurant!!
ReplyDelete