This past Tuesday was Ben and my official six month anniversary. On Saturday night, we went out to celebrating. Ben has been secretly planning this night for the past week and would not tell me anything.
To start of the night, Ben picked me up from my place and took me to Luiggi's. There we had an amazing pasta dinner, if anyone ever wants to eat there, I highly recommend it. There, he surprised me with a promise ring. I was so surprised. Yes, this form of ring is not a common thing especially between people my age, but to us it had become something we needed todo. In the past, I had been in relationships with promises that were never kept, and this was his way of saying that he was serious about me and that he was not just saying things. He calls this a "I Love You Ring" because although it is a symbol that we do plan to get married, and that at this point we cant (Due to some criteria needing to be met) he still wants to, it also says that he loves me soo much and that he wants nothing more then to be with me when things are right. By accepting the ring, i was telling him that I love him and that I see a future with him. in otherwords, I plan on being a Cowman. It was a symbol of my commitment to him. This ring also allows for us to be open about our plans and to actually think about marriage openly. Yes a ring is not needed for this, but due to past experiences, it helps me to put away any doubts that maybe making a home in my head. Every time I glance at the ring, I can remind myself of how Ben feels and that I know his words are more than just words, they are long held feelings that he seriously means.
I love Ben so much, every day I thank God for putting him in my life. He is the guy of my dreams, that I have spent soo many years looking for. Our relationship is everything I could have dreamed about and more. I never have to doubt if he can look out for me and take care of me. He has this way about him that lets me be me, and he doesnt expect me to change. He accepts me for me, and puts up with me in my most moodiest and crabbiest of states. He is patient beyond belief and still listens even if the words I keep saying are only repeats of my anger and frustration. I cant wait for you all to meet this wonderful man so that you too can see how understanding and loving he is.
I'm so happy for you! This is so exciting!!! I can't even sit still while I'm typing this. I was squeaking while I was reading it. (I'm sure the people here think I lost it)
ReplyDeleteYou have managed to find a romantic man, the last of a dying breed. I know you will love all of his efforst and wish you both happiness and joy in your relationship.
love you hun,
~Steph*